Loisir - Sports - Etudes - S.A.
Up to 1964, "le Clos d'Ornon" was a farm, and a rather important one, considering the outstanding size of its stable.
It was then transformed into an accomodation chalet, and occupied successively by "Loisirs Jeunes de France" and the "Ski Club de Thionville", up to 1991.
On October 1st 1993, "Loisirs - Sports - Etudes (L.S.E.)" was created to manage and restore "Le Clos d'Ornon" with an objective to welcome young scholars in a place rich with culture, discovery and sports activities possibilities.
Our challenge has always been to balance touristical and social objectives, while continuously improving the quality of our service.
A chalet to coddle you...
Built more than 200 years ago, "Le Clos d'Ornon" welcomes you with the charm of its ancient walls, equipped with today's commodities.
The premises include two main buildings:
The detailed plan of the chalet will enable you to visualize the rooms disposition and the number of beds for each of them.
Meals are served in the ancient vaulted stable now converted to dining room. Meals are traditional with good quality, well balanced and creative cuisine.
The children participate to collective life, clearing and cleaning their table after the meals. A cold meal can be prepared for walks or outings. Local specialties include fondue savoyarde and tartiflette. The stays lasting more than 8 days will end with a farewell buffet.
The chalet manager resides on site.
Emergency phone numbers:
Medical centre (night & day, X-rays) in Saint-Sorlin (3,5 km.) : Tel. 04.79.59.73.71
Pharmacy in Saint-Sorlin : Tel. 04.79.59.71.94
Hospital in Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne (18 km.) : Tel. 04.79.20.60.20
Travel expense to the medical centre, the pharmacy or the hospital will be at your own charge.
"Le Clos d'Ornon" is insured for civil liability, but does not insure the children when they are in activity. So it is very important to check whether the scholar insurance covers risks for activities during the stay.
"Le Clos d'Ornon" is certified, and authorized to have 2 primary classes at the same time, i.e. 62 pupils:
Agrément Jeunesse et Sports : n° 732420005 for 85 beds
Agrément Education Nationale : 070205B
Habilitation tourisme : IM073100004
SIRET : N° 393.103.494.00018
RCS : N° B 393.103
Whichever stay you have chosen, our commitments include:
1/ Before the stay:
- On request, we place at your disposal the staff you may require to accompany the children during the journey, in accordance with current regulations..
3/ Your project:
- On request, L.S.E. will hire two youth instructors per groups of 25 children, to help supervise activities.
- L.S.E. is commited to the programme documented in the agreement. If, by force majeure (wheather, ...), some activities had to be cancelled, we shall replace them by others of the same kind and price.
- L.S.E. organizes a daily meeting with the education team to validate the activity programme.
- L.S.E. welcomes you in a centre where installations comform to current legislation.
- L.S.E. puts at your disposal a sick bay and a first aid cabinet locked up with a key. A sanitary assistant to help you with daily care may be requested as part of the agreement.
- At the "Clos d'Ornon", heating is kept at 20° and enough warm water provided, for the best comfort of all.
Creation date : 01/01/2014 @ 19:09
Last update : 27/01/2014 @ 12:18
Category : Introduction - Situation
Page read 2755 times